Macarthur Gardens Retirement Village was a residential project by Stockland Developments. Menai Civil was engaged to complete the earthworks and civil works for a couple stages, totalling 50 lots.
The scope of works for this project included the following.
- Site clearing, topsoil stripping, stockpiling and replacement.
- 58,000m3 of bulk earthworks including off-site disposal of fill (VENM, ENM and existing stockpiles).
- Services reticulation including electrical, lighting, gas, communications, sewer and water.
- 1,300m of stormwater pit and pipe installation works.
- Installation of a triple-celled box culvert crossing.
- 500m2 of bio-retention areas.
- 4,900m2 of retaining walls including blockwork, Koppers log and mass rock types.
- 8,100m2 of flexible pavement works including sub-base, base course, spray seal and asphalt including the extension of Gilchrist Drive.
- 750m2 of coloured concrete paving.
- Kerb and gutters, concrete footpaths, medians and islands.
- Installation of timber faced and steel vehicle barriers.
- Turfing and hydro-mulching.
Notable outcomes of this project were as follows.
- A change of design from bridge to culvert under Gilchrist Drive offered a substantial cost saving to the client.