As part of IKEA’s expansion throughout Sydney, Menai Civil was engaged by building contractor FDC to complete the civil works on a new Marsden Park store. The 73,000m2 site comprised a warehouse with heavy and light duty pavement areas.
The scope of works for this project included the following.
- Site establishment including a temporary hardstand and construction access tracks.
- 25,000m3 of bulk earthworks.
- 31,000m2 of pavement works including hardstands, heavy duty and light duty types.
- 28,000m2 of building pad works including placement of cement stabilised base.
- Detailed excavations for retaining walls, building footings, precast panels and base slabs.
- Stormwater pit and pipe installation works including subsoil drainage lines, ACO trench and kerb drains.
- Installation of two Reservault rainwater harvesting tanks totalling 825 kilolitres in storage capacity.
- Detailed excavation for Stormwater360 water treatment tank.
- Kerb and gutters including diamond tree planter boxes.