As part of a plan to develop the West Dapto Urban Release Area (WDURA) to accommodate 40,000 extra residents over 40 years, Menai Civil was engaged by Sheargold Property Group to convert a 26.5 hectare site into a 14 lot rural-residential subdivision. The development provides a transition between a rural setting at the foothills of the escarpment and existing dense urban housing lots.
The scope of works for this project included the following.
- Site clearing, topsoil stripping, stockpiling and replacement.
- Construction of a temporary diversion road including creek crossings.
- Basin construction and wetland works.
- 70,000m3 of bulk earthworks.
- Services reticulation including electrical, lighting, gas, communications, sewer and water.
- Construction of a precast concrete bridge and associated creek works.
- 950m of stormwater pit, pipe, culvert and GPT installation works.
- 8,100m2 of flexible pavement works including sub-base, base course, spray seal and asphalt.
- 680m2 of block paving.
- Kerb and gutters, concrete footpaths, medians and islands.
- 1,300m of turf lined drainage swales
- Turfing and hydro-mulching.