The upgrade of an existing section of Bong Bong Road was completed in association with McPhails and Brooks Reach subdivisions which are positioned on either side. The final design comprised of multiple pavement profiles to accommodate the varying existing ground conditions.
The scope of works for this project included the following.
- 6,000m3 of bulk earthworks.
- Services reticulation including electrical, lighting, gas, communications, sewer and water.
- 1,500m of stormwater pit and pipe installation works.
- 9,200m2 of flexible pavement works including widening and building over existing carriageways.
- 980m2 of reinforced concrete parking/bus bays.
- Kerb and gutters, concrete footpaths, parking bays, medians and islands.
- Landscaping works including turfing, street trees and hydro-mulching.
Notable outcomes of this project were as follows.
- Successful management of the existing traffic route, done so by implementing traffic signals and work staging.