Menai Civil was engaged by Grindley Properties to undertake the civil works of Alkira Estate subdivision which comprised 117 residential lots. The site was progressively handed over to Menai Civil after the completion of bulk earthworks by a separate contractor.
The scope of works for this project included the following.
- Services relocation and reticulation including electrical, lighting, gas, communications, sewer and water.
- 2,000m of stormwater pit and pipe installation works.
- 13,500m2 of flexible pavement works.
- 200m2 of concrete access way paving.
- 480m2 of gabion basket retaining walls.
- Kerb and gutters, concrete footpaths, medians and islands.
- Concrete roundabout construction.
- Landscaping works including street trees, turfing and fencing.