Menai Civil was engaged by Bluprint Developments to undertake construction of a 80 lot subdivision at Kembla Grange. Due to the sub-strata of the development area, a large quantity of rock excavation was required.
The scope of works for this project included the following:
- Site clearing, topsoil stripping, stockpiling and replacement.
- Onsite detention basin construction works.
- 60,000m3 of bulk earthworks including 20,000m3 of rock excavation.
- Services reticulation including electrical, lighting, gas, communications, sewer and water.
- 2,400m of stormwater pit, pipe, culvert and GPT installation works.
- 10,000m2 of flexible pavement works including sub-base, base course, spray seal and asphalt.
- Core-filled blockwork and gabion retaining wall construction.
- Kerb and gutters, concrete footpaths, medians and islands.
- Landscaping works including turf and street/basin planting.
Notable outcomes of this project were as follows.
- Early site investigation works conducted by Menai Civil enabled the confirmation of rock excavation quantities. This in turn allowed a lump sum price to be determined early during the project, providing financial certainty to the client.